Collections of tweets that I find useful.
1. Julia Evans on performance reviews
on surviving performance reviews pic.twitter.com/R7ZvxAPa3W— 🔎Julia Evans🔍 (@b0rk) August 22, 2018
2. Chris Wagner on using Xcode run script to notify us when running production environment
If you use Xcode Schemes to differentiate between connecting to Production and Staging environments this is a nice little reminder. I’ve often had brief panic attacks that I was testing in production. pic.twitter.com/q9efYIyAJe— Chris Wagner (@cwagdev) August 21, 2018
3. Using Xcode breakpoint to detect retain cycle
Useful Xcode breakpoint. When you dismiss a controller and you don’t hear the pop sound (or see the log), you probably have a retain cycle. pic.twitter.com/uQlw7SiiZt— Cédric Luthi (@0xced) August 24, 2017
4. Debugging Go app with Delve
5. On ways to reduce the time fixing bugs
We all write buggy code. But there are obvious things we can do to limit the amount of time we spend hunting down bugs:— Henrik Joreteg (@HenrikJoreteg) August 20, 2018
1. Write less code.
2. Strictly separate concerns.
3. Simplify anything and everything that can be simplified.